|Cut at least half a person of wasted effort and make manual deburring work in your facility by identifying the best products and processes for your operation. Written by world-renowned researcher and practitioner LaRoux Gillespie, this 530-page book is a complete inventory of the elements needed to improve your hand-deburring operations. In 34 chapters, it shows you how to calculate true costs, define customer requirements, understand when hand deburring is the right answer, provides a structured look at over 10,000 hand-deburring tools, identifies sources of further immediate help, defines training programs, and ends with a very detailed chapter on how to effectively inspect for burrs. It is an easy-to-digest reference designed for the shop supervisor, deburring leadman, and engineer. It’s a real toolbox of information that can be readily put to use on the plant floor.
Inside you will find:
- Case studies that highlight real-world issues and solutions
- Entire chapters devoted to specific deburring tools
- An emphasis on precision work in small shops
- Standards and procedures that can be applied immediately
- Over 300 photos and illustrations of hand deburring
- Simple cost-analysis checksheets and formulas
- Ideas for preventing the health, safety, and ergonomic issues that cost you money.