A Competitive Advantage Starts with a High-Performance Team
Competency Framework offers advantages that tie directly to business goals including:
- Ensures enterprise-wide consistency making a workforce more flexible and dynamic, ultimately reducing labor costs
- Streamlines the training process and cuts costs by eliminating unnecessary/redundant training and allowing more training where needed
- Helps managers easily evaluate worker performance levels defined using specific behavioral indicators, which reduces subjective assessment, increases assessment accuracy
- Enhances employee satisfaction based on the rationality of the system
- Defines and explains to an average performer what they need to attain in order to become a superior performer (career pathways)
Designed to complement other competency models in the marketplace, the Competency Framework can be used "as is" or customized to individual work practices at your facility. Another benefit is that the knowledge objectives within the framework are mapped directly to Tooling U-SME's extensive training resources. All this helps ensure your employees have the knowledge, skills and abilities they need to be high performers.
Tooling U-SME's Competency Framework is a comprehensive series of competency models in nine manufacturing functional areas.
Each functional area, such as Machining, drills down into specific job roles in production, technician, lead technician/technologist and engineer levels.
The Competency Framework outlines specific competencies for each job role. Here we explore the job role: Production Machinist. This job role has nine role specific competencies from Advanced Manual Machining Operations to Tooling Selection. If you look at the highlighted CNC Programming example, you’ll see the competency is broken down into knowledge objectives and skills objectives. These objectives are linked where appropriate to connect theory to hands-on practice.