Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) is a three-dimensional international engineering language used by design, production, and engineering staff. Proper interpretation and application of the language may mean the difference between quality products with excellent cycle time or defective products and extended time to market. This course will provide an overview on the general concepts of GD&T, the benefits of its use, and the cost of implementation.
This course provides an introduction to the benefits and challenges of GD&T. Upper level management, manufacturing management, and potential users in design and manufacturing will benefit.
- Learn about state-of-the-art application techniques
- Understand why GD&T improves cooperation between all areas of the manufacturing process
- Discover why GD&T reduces rejects and increases production tolerances
- Realize how GD&T eliminates translation errors with foreign affiliates
- Introduction to GD&T and Geometrics
- Benefits of Implementation of GD&T
- Cost of Implementing (or Not Implementing) GD&T
- Review of Various Tolerances
- Current Status of National and International Standards