A hands-on course providing instruction in how to use the 5S methods to simplify and organize your workplace to help avoid the seven wastes. It includes classroom instruction where each of the five “S” components (sort, straighten, shine, standardize, sustain) are explained in detail. Upon completion of the classroom instruction, participants will move to the work area and apply each of the five ‘S” components in a hands-on manner. The class provides an excellent foundation for any company in any industry. It is a great class to help a company from the beginning of its 5S journey or as a refresher for those who are struggling during the implementation phases. It provides many examples of “best practices” and a very structured Sustain section that attendees can take away and immediately apply in their own settings.
This class is designed to help any organization learn and apply 5S principles while increasing productivity. All functions in a company can apply 5S principles to help reduce waste in the workplace. It is designed to give students hands-on practice and real-life examples used in applying 5S methods.
- Describe each of the 5S components.
- Set up a 5S program that can be measured and sustained over time.
- Explain how to sustain the newly implemented program.
- Describe how 5S is connected to the visual controls needed on the shop floor.
- Explain why "people" are the secret to successful 5S programs.
- What is 5S and how is it linked to the seven wastes
- The 5S Methodology
- Hands-on practice with workplace organization techniques