- Class Name:
- Know Your Cost: Double Your Profit
- Companies with poor cost information make bad decisions about products that are not "average". Poor information causes companies to overprice easy, high-volume "gravy" products and underprice difficult, low-volume "dog" products. Learn how to double your profit by giving the dogs to your competitor and keep the gravy for yourself.
- Cost Accountants
- Cost Engineers
- 1 Day Course
- Learn how to analyze product costs accurately.
- Understand costing methods that will lead to better management decisions about products.
- Explore how good design can improve both financial and management accounting information.
- German accounting methods
- Activity-based costing
- Throughput accounting
- Joint & by-product costing
Understand Real Costs
- Why traditional approaches are inadequate
- How superior cost information can double your profit
- Make Activity Based Costing spreadsheet easy
- Accurately understand overhead costs
- Recognize joint and by-products
- Add throughput costing to your toolbox
Accurately Assign Costs
- Product development and launch costs
- Occupancy costs
- Supervisory costs
- Information technology costs
- Administrative costs
- Selling costs
- Excess capacity costs
- Interest and the cost of capital
Cases and Group Discussion
- This seminar includes six exercises to facilitate group discussion.