- Class Name:
- Machining Process Optimization Program
- Application of the techniques presented in this program will improve your machining process efficiency by at least 20%. These techniques have delivered four-fold increases in tool life, elimination of scrap, and increases in profitability. It enhances manufacturing efforts in all Lean enterprises.
- Those who should attend:
- Machining Process Engineers
- Tool designers and programmers
- Sales and technical service representatives
- Chemical Managers
- Metalworking fluid sales personnel and technical service representatives
- Six Sigma Practitioners
- Quality Managers
- 1 Day Course
- Solve any machining problem.
- Improve profitability any machining process.
- Identify and document sub-optimized practices for continuous improvement.
- Read the process issues by understanding tool wear and failure modes.
- Use a "Deep Dive" into a process as a training opportunity.
- Address sub-optimized conditions with world class techniques.
- Capture process data and analyze it properly.
- Understand all cost components of the manufacturing process.
- Recognize the nine elements that impact the cost components.
- Address the five disciplines that impact the efficiency of the process.
The course is broken into explaining the nine elements of manufacturing and the five disciplines that are impacted by those elements.
- Part Design / Part Processing
- Part Material & Hardness
- Blank Manufacturing quality
- Tool Design & Manufacture (including Regrind)
- Fixture Design & Manufacture
- Machine Condition (including filtration)
- Gauges & Technique
- Lubricant Chemistry, Condition & Application
- The Machinist (operator, skilled trades, cutter grind, all managers)