- Class Name:
- Lean Product Development
- Product-line managers, team leaders, task managers, functional managers, six-sigma blackbelts / green belts, improvement champions, operations managers, process owners, design engineers, and all others with product development responsibilities.
- 2 Day Course
- Identify non-value-added tasks and wasteful work habits on any development project.
- Apply twenty-eight lean techniques that provide immediate savings of time and cost.
- Use a step-by-step method for prioritizing improvement activities.
- Improve the quality and efficiency of customer / team / management communication.
- Maximize utilization of scarce human and capital resources.
- Support a culture of discipline, value-focus, and intolerance of waste.
How You Will Benefit
- Typical sources of waste in product development
- A common-sense, toolbox approach
A Brief "Lean Thinking" Tutorial
- How the five principles of lean thinking apply to new product development
- Avoiding undershoot and overshoot of customer needs
- Exception management, and other fundamental concepts
- The "Continuous Flow" development process
A Toolbox for Speed and Efficiency
- Testing for Customer Value
- Linked Tasks and the Deliverables Roadmap
- Time Slicing and Stand-up Meetings
- Project Data Management
- The "Waste-Free" Design Review
- Staged-Freeze Specifications
- Value Stream Mapping for Waste Elimination
- Standard Work Methods and Templates
- Risk Buffering and Value Increments
- Resource Prioritization and "Superteams"
- Lean Supplier Management
- Lean Self-Assessment and Kaizen Tools