Tooling U, an SME company, is the leading provider of on-demand e-learning and performance support solutions for global manufacturing enterprises, government, education, and small-to-midsize manufacturing organizations. Toolingu.com enables manufacturing organizations to maximize business performance by deploying a combination of comprehensive e-learning resources, flexible learning technologies and support services.
The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) is the premier source for manufacturing knowledge, education and networking. Through its many programs, events, magazine, publications and online training division, Tooling U, SME connects manufacturing practitioners to each other, to the latest technologies and to the most up-to-date manufacturing processes. SME has members around the world and is supported by a network of chapters and technical communities. A 501(c)3 organization, SME is a leader in manufacturing workforce development issues, working with industry, academic and government partners to support the current and future skilled workforce.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales, this position will work closely with the Outside Sales Team to identify the needs of prospects though incoming leads, determine the proper sales channel, and work with our lead generation team to make sure everything is running accordingly. This is NOT a clerical position. It requires extensive telephone/mail/email contact with manufacturing companies nationwide. No travel is required.
- High school diploma require; some college coursework preferred
- At least 3-5 years experience supporting an outside sales team
- Previous customer service, or sales support experience required; inside/outside sales experience recommended
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong ability to navigate the Internet and a CRM, specifically Salesforce.com
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Must possess a high level work ethic and exhibit a strong sense of ownership
- Detail oriented and proactive
- Self-motivated, team player that is willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Microsoft Office Intermediate+ Skills Required (Excel, Word, Outlook)