Tooling U-SME’s Apprenticeship Acceleration Framework pairs on-the-job training with related training instruction, supplying a talent pipeline of qualified workers for employers and industries.
Tooling U-SME supports nationwide apprenticeship programs with a competency-based approach to traditional apprenticeship models. In the past, apprenticeships have consisted of the completion of Related Training Instruction (RTI) and On-The-Job Training (OJT) hours that work towards a journeyman status. However, today’s apprenticeships differ from earlier iterations. Informal, time-based programs are out. Formal, competency-based programs are in.
Apprenticeship is a proven strategy that provides a direct line to skills training and your workforce expansion. Bottom line – it is good for your business.
With the widening skills gap, apprentices are a positive solution with measurable Return on Investment (ROI) results.
Tooling U-SME believes that competency-based learning and development programs are essential for successfully learning specific job roles. Our Apprenticeship Acceleration Framework examines the necessary knowledge and skills that support common apprenticeship job functions.
The Apprenticeship Acceleration Framework can drastically reduce the time for an apprentice to reach the journey-level and is a flexible model that:
- Allows organizations and educators to customize the framework towards specific business needs
- Translates easily for companies to build their apprenticeship bringing about a positive impact on performance and their business
- Identifies the RTI that is required for apprenticeship education
- Tracks the demonstrated OJT skills a worker should perform over the years of their development
The Apprenticeship Acceleration Framework's key benefits:
- Helps manufacturers recruit and develop a highly skilled workforce
- Ensures enterprise-wide consistency, making your workforce more flexible and dynamic, ultimately reducing labor costs
- Streamlines the training process and improves ROI by eliminating non-value-added steps
- Helps mentors accurately evaluate worker performance levels using competency-based indicators, reducing subjective assessment
- Provides less experienced performers with a clear definition and outline of what they need to achieve in order to become superior performers
Department of Labor Apprenticeship Programs
The Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing Kicks off Apprenticeship Program
RCBI Apprenticeship Program Expanding Nationwide
Lake Michigan College Apprenticeship Program Fills Local Jobs
Connecticut Receives Funding to Grow Apprenticeship Programs