- Class Name:
- Walking the Talk: Pathways to Leadership
- This course was designed for both experienced and new managers, those preparing for that promotion into the management ranks, or those adjusting to new circumstances. It is also an excellent course for those anticipating a move into management in the future, as well as those interested in making themselves eminently more upwardly mobile. And for those who have been managers for some time, this is an excellent refresher to keep you from becoming stale, or to help you break some of the common paradigms that come with tenure.
- 5 Day Course
During this course, participants will learn how to:
- Identify the steps necessary to enhance the probability of success for every career transition
- Relate how to develop an enlightened leadership style suited to your business environment and your own personality
- Describe the critical differences between management and leadership, and how those differences separate the few truly successful leaders from the many managers who just struggle along or fail
- Describe how to leverage your technical and operational expertise into a powerful leadership style
- Explain how to manage the risks that can arise from poor decisions, misaligned organizational structures, or ineffective management actions/inactions.
- Describe the way to lead, earn the respect of your peers and employees, and create a successful organization.
- Introduction – Management vs Leadership
- The Transition From Individual Contributor to Manager, Then Organizational Leader
- Leadership in Perspective
- The Complexity of Today's Employment and Labor Laws
- Management and Leadership Skill-Building Scenarios and Case Studies
- Employee Selection, Direction, Motivation, Development and Discipline – A Focus on Results Versus Effort
- Building Organizational Alignment and Balance To Maximize Capability
- Base-Lining Organizational Competencies and Capacities
- Quantitative Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Techniques To Eliminate Bias and Emotion
- Turning Your Vision for Change Into Reality – Organizational Change Management
- Recognizing and Controlling Organizational Politics
- Organizational Risk Management: Maximizing the Upside While Controlling the Downside