- Class Name:
- Joining and Bonding Composite Structures
- Composite technicians, engineers, quality assurance inspectors, procurement personnel, and anyone interested in bonding advanced composite structures.
- 1 Day Course
To provide the student with a fundamental understanding of adhesive bonding principles, methods, and techniques employed in the advanced composite industry.
- Bonding vs. Fastening a composite structure: examining the pros and cons
- Typical joint designs
- Drilling composite structures: tools and techniques
- Fasteners/fastening composites
- Structural adhesives: properties and characteristics of different chemistries and forms
- Failure modes of adhesively bonded joints
- Surface preparation: metals Vs plastics, peel ply surfaces and abrasion techniques
- Cleaning freshly energized composite surfaces
- Bondline thickness control: using carriers and microbeads
- Methods for obtaining uniform clamping pressure at the joint
- Curing the adhesive: fundamentals of time and temperature processing