- Class Name:
- Tooling for Composites
- Composite technicians, tool fabricators, tool designers/engineers, quality assurance inspectors, procurement personnel, and anyone interested in advanced composite tooling.
- 2 Day Course
To provide the student with a fundamental understanding of composite tool design, tooling materials and properties, as well as tool fabrication and maintenance methodologies.
- Types of tools, tool designations, and tool-function
- Prototype Vs rate-production tooling
- Model requirements and limitations: virtual (CAD) Vs physical models
- Fundamentals of tool design: meeting application and service requirements
- Composite Vs metal molds and fixtures: pros and cons
- Tooling materials/material properties and characteristics
- Fabricating composite tool-laminates: materials, methods, and tricks of the trade
- Tool proofing and thermal mapping/categorization
- Tool maintenance and repair requirements
- Initial tool-surface preparation and semi-permanent release agents