- Class Name:
- Lean Fundamentals: Firm Grasp on Waste and Getting 5S Right
- Lean practitioners looking for refresher on the basics.
- Front-line associates who are responsible for executing and sustaining 5S.
- Operations managers who are responsible for guiding lean activities.
- People who are new to the lean principles.
- 1 Day Course
After participating in this class, participants will be able to:
- Identify examples of the eight waste categories.
- Understand the impact of waste on the organization.
- Identify steps for conducting a muda walk.
- Define each 5S category.
- Relate how 5S has application to both manufacturing and non-manufacturing operations.
- Define the steps of a 5S audit.
- Define waste and value added / non-value added (VA/NVA)
- Learn to see waste through the "classic seven plus one" categories
- Learn how to conduct a muda walk
- Define 5S
- Appreciate 5S as a process to get to an end
- Learn tips for each stage of the 5S process
- Develop a 5S audit process
- Create performance measures for VA/NVA and 5S