A company's access to skilled workers is critical for growing its business. Yet nine out of 10 manufacturers are struggling to find the skilled workers they need, according to a recent SME survey.
To address this pressing challenge, Tooling U-SME brought together a cross-section of manufacturing experts to create a new industry resource: Competency Framework for achieving manufacturing excellence.
The Competency Framework features a comprehensive series of competency models in nine manufacturing functional areas. It is made up of more than 60 new job role competency models, outlining knowledge and skill objectives for job roles in production, technician and lead technician/technologist and engineer levels.
Competency Framework offers advantages that tie directly to business goals including:
- Ensures enterprise-wide consistency making a workforce more flexible and dynamic, ultimately reducing labor costs
- Streamlines the training process and cuts costs by eliminating unnecessary/redundant training and allowing more training where needed
- Helps managers easily evaluate worker performance levels defined using specific behavioral indicators, which reduces subjective assessment, increases assessment accuracy
- Enhances employee satisfaction based on the rationality of the system
- Defines and explains to an average performer what they need to attain in order to become a superior performer (career pathways)
Designed to complement other competency models in the marketplace, the Competency Framework can be used "as is" or customized to individual work practices at your facility. Another benefit is that the knowledge objectives within the framework are mapped directly to Tooling U-SME's extensive training resources. All this helps ensure your employees have the knowledge, skills and abilities they need to be high performers.